Utility Assistance

Utility Assistance

Through our partnership with Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU Project COPE) and Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC), we can help you catch up on utility bills or pay for alternative fuels to avoid disconnects and seasonal hardship.

Eligibility Requirements:

Colorado Springs Utilities
Project COPE

  • Your household can only receive COPE assistance once in a 12-month period from any COPE agency.
  • You must have an existing, active account with Colorado Spring Utilities.
  • Your current bill must have a past-due balance or a disconnect notice.
  • You must provide a copy of your utility bill or disconnect notice.
  • Between Nov. 1 and April 30, you must apply and be approved for LEAP (1-866-HEAT-HELP) before applying for COPE assistance.
    • If you are over income or CSU is not your heating source, you’re not required to apply for LEAP. Documentation of exemption is needed to access COPE.
    • Find more information here.
    • Colorado Springs Utilities bill

Utility and Propane providers other than Colorado Springs Utilities
Energy Outreach Colorado (EOC)

  • For heating and electric providers other than Colorado Springs Utilities.
  • Your residence must be in El Paso County.
  • You must meet income guidelines.
  • Your household must not have received EOC assistance since Oct. 1, from any agency for this provider.
  • For utility bill:
    • Your account must be past due.
    • You must provide a copy of your utility bill or disconnect notice.
  • For bulk fuel (propane, wood, coal, pellets, etc.):
    • You must be at 30% or less of your supply.
    • Up to $1000 toward heating and fuel costs for up to two providers for a total of $2000 per household per grant year (grant year is Oct. 1 to Sept. 30).
  • Appointments for EOC assistance can be scheduled by calling Jenny Kay at 719-427-2115.